Unit 1: Computer Systems
- Software and its development
- Types of programming languages, data types, representation and structures
- Exchanging data and web technologies
- Following algorithms
- Using Boolean algebra
- Legal, moral and ethical issues.
Unit 2: Algorithms and Programming
- Elements of computational thinking
- Programming and problem solving
- Pattern recognition, abstraction and decomposition
- Algorithm design and efficiency
Unit 3: Computing Project
- Design, development, testing & evaluation of software.
Unit 1: 2 hour 30 min exam (40%)
Unit 2: 2 hour 30 min exam (40%)
Unit 3: Coursework Project (20%)
Course Entry Requirements:
GCSE grade 7 in Mathematics. GCSE grade 5 in English Language.
GCSE Computing grade 6 preferred.
Teacher to contact: Mrs J Kirkland